Ryan Hamilton Review
Ryan Hamilton
Audience?
From what his content seems like, I would say adults but also anyone who likes clean humor. From what we gathered on the web, he is LDS and is probably incorporating an LDS audience.
Persuasive?
I think so! I am drawn to funny people, so I (and probably others like me) would be more likely to hear him out.
How?
He used situations and experiences that we can relate with and make light of, like being the sober friend at a party. Many Mormons would be able to identify with him or at least know of people in those situations.
Persuasive appeals?
He used stories, observations that we could catch on to (like his big smile), body language/ gestures to further his point
Are you part of the audience?

I like how you mentioned that his audience is for anyone who enjoys clean humor because it is difficult to find clean comedy acts today and it will help anyone in search of wholesome family entertainment.
ReplyDeleteMe too! They should get this guy on Studio C or something.
DeleteYou're right, he appeals to easily observable traits to be persuasive in his act. I didn't think of that while I was writing my blog post about him, but he definitely does that, with the best example being when he said, "so...should we start with my face?"
ReplyDeleteWhen he said he's the one who truly listens I identified with that. I've never been invited to the picnic, but it gets sad when your attention becomes a hindrance to your social life. It definitely helped that he found a way to make a good joke out of it though.
ReplyDelete