Why "From Hot to Cold"?
You may be wondering about the reasoning behind my blog title. Well, let me tell ya...
There are multiple meanings behind it- one being literal. I was born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona where it can reach around 125 degrees in the summer. That's where the "hot" comes in. I never had a white Christmas at home and only really saw snow when we went on "snow trips" to the northlands. However, I was sent to Montana and Wyoming on my mission, where it got as cold as -40 degrees this past winter. That's where the other half of my title comes in. Having lived in these two extremes, I like to consider my self well-rounded as far as temperature goes. God definitely let me experience a different culture (in whiplash form). That's for sure. Then I was sent back home after the mission to live in the blistering summer heat again and now I'm back in the cold... Back and forth and back and forth. My body can't acclimatize anymore and I can honestly say I'm jealous of Californians.
Another reason I named my blog "From Hot to Cold" is because during this stage of life, I can't figure anything out!
Daily life: I want this to happen and then that happens instead.
School: I think I want to study this because it would be a profitable career but that one sounds more fun and bearable.
Dating: I think that guy likes me! Oh. Wait. He doesn't? Dang it.
You can name a lot of different aspects of life, and I've probably been through the whiplash of that too.
That is why I feel like I'm going from hot to cold (and vice versa) constantly. When will I ever just be "warm"? Probably never...and that's ok. Like they all say say: there's no growth in the comfort zone.

Comments
Post a Comment