Response to "The Stories that Bind Us"
I absolutely loved the articles about the stories that bind families together. I, myself, am a pretty avid family historian and completely believe the findings of this research. After having learned about my own ancestors, I felt the same way they said people would feel after learning about their families. For instance, I definitely have felt higher self esteem when I know about my ancestors lives and what they went through. I also have higher self esteem when I am close with my family in general. I also have experienced a better ability to manage stress and have felt like part of something larger.
One example I have of this is when I found my mom's dad through a lot of research and FindAGrave.com. My mom was adopted and her bio dad was never in the picture. When I was 16, I became curious about who my grandpa is and decided to search him out. I eventually found his granddaughter and connected with that whole side of the family from there. My mom and I were so ecstatic when I discovered who my grandpa is and my "long lost relatives." I felt so good about life after that and that discovery has blessed me and my family to this day.
I also think it is intriguing that the world is catching onto how family history has real life impacts on people and is not just a fun hobby. This reaffirms my testimony on the work and how prophets are truly inspired. Overall, this was a great read and I highly recommend it to anyone who is not familiar with family history!
One example I have of this is when I found my mom's dad through a lot of research and FindAGrave.com. My mom was adopted and her bio dad was never in the picture. When I was 16, I became curious about who my grandpa is and decided to search him out. I eventually found his granddaughter and connected with that whole side of the family from there. My mom and I were so ecstatic when I discovered who my grandpa is and my "long lost relatives." I felt so good about life after that and that discovery has blessed me and my family to this day.
I also think it is intriguing that the world is catching onto how family history has real life impacts on people and is not just a fun hobby. This reaffirms my testimony on the work and how prophets are truly inspired. Overall, this was a great read and I highly recommend it to anyone who is not familiar with family history!
Comments
Post a Comment