My Bucket List
Everyone has dreams of one kind or another and they are often grouped together in a "Bucket List." What that means? I don't know...but I have one. Here are a few of the items on my list!
1. Number one on my bucket list is to go out and do a medical humanitarian trip. I LOVE helping people and if I travel, I would love to go with a bigger purpose besides sight-seeing. I already am going into the medical field, so it would be such a great experience to practice medicine in a third world country. The faces of the people I will help will be something to remember.
2. However, if I were to travel somewhere just to sight-see, I would want to go to New Zealand or Ireland. I am from the desert of Arizona, where most things are brown or a dull green so I am always in awe whenever a movie is set in the beautiful, bright green setting. Even when I visit Idaho in the spring, I can't help but stare at all of the different colors around me.
3. Another item on my bucket list is to raise my future family on a ranch. I served my mission in Montana and Wyoming, where there is open land and ranches for miles on end. I met a remarkable member family in one of my areas that managed a ranch and they seemed to have the best time working together. My upbringing in suburbia doesn't match that at all.

(My companion and I helped the ranch hands for preparation day a few times.)
4. (I'm not sure if this really is number 4 but it's been on my bucket list forever.) On more of a silly note, I have always wanted to own a recliner and rocking chair. No, not two in one but two separate chairs. Throughout my life, if I ever saw a recliner, you better believe I called dibs on that chair as soon as I saw it. Rocking chairs are also a favorite because they appease my need to constantly be moving. It would be a dream to have those in my future living room.
There are several other things on my bucket list but these are a few that I really hope to check off someday!
1. Number one on my bucket list is to go out and do a medical humanitarian trip. I LOVE helping people and if I travel, I would love to go with a bigger purpose besides sight-seeing. I already am going into the medical field, so it would be such a great experience to practice medicine in a third world country. The faces of the people I will help will be something to remember.
2. However, if I were to travel somewhere just to sight-see, I would want to go to New Zealand or Ireland. I am from the desert of Arizona, where most things are brown or a dull green so I am always in awe whenever a movie is set in the beautiful, bright green setting. Even when I visit Idaho in the spring, I can't help but stare at all of the different colors around me.
3. Another item on my bucket list is to raise my future family on a ranch. I served my mission in Montana and Wyoming, where there is open land and ranches for miles on end. I met a remarkable member family in one of my areas that managed a ranch and they seemed to have the best time working together. My upbringing in suburbia doesn't match that at all.

(My companion and I helped the ranch hands for preparation day a few times.)
4. (I'm not sure if this really is number 4 but it's been on my bucket list forever.) On more of a silly note, I have always wanted to own a recliner and rocking chair. No, not two in one but two separate chairs. Throughout my life, if I ever saw a recliner, you better believe I called dibs on that chair as soon as I saw it. Rocking chairs are also a favorite because they appease my need to constantly be moving. It would be a dream to have those in my future living room.
There are several other things on my bucket list but these are a few that I really hope to check off someday!
Bucket lists are the best! My wife and I want to visit all 50 of the states and all 58 of the national parks in the US. I think everyone should have at least a couple things they want to do before they "kick the bucket" (that's the only thing I can think of to explain why it's called a "bucket list"), it gives us goals to work towards!
ReplyDeleteI love this! Bucket lists are really fun to make. I also like how you threw in that you want a recliner and a rocking chair. Haha!
ReplyDelete