Research Paper Brainstorm

For my research paper, I have decided (for now) to study the legalization of recreational marijuana because as I have grown older, I have seen it make a larger appearance in society. It is a significant topic in my life because I know people who use it recreationally and medically and want to know what would happen if it was legalized/ made widespread. My question is about the positive and negative effects it has in society.
I ultimately want to help my reader know the negative effects that the legalization could have on society.

                                Audience Statement and Enthymeme Cover Sheet
Audience Statement
My audience is pro recreational marijuana.

Who is your audience? Why do they find your claim initially unacceptable?
Th responsible voters of Arizona 

What does your audience value the most?
 Their families, careers

What does your audience fear the most?
 Unemployment, illness, unhappiness

Audience Counterarguments:
            But . . . we should be tolerant of others and let others choose for themselves (free choice).
           
            But . . .if its legalized, I can still choose not to take part in it. 

Comments